Kings Of Ladder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kings Of Ladder

UsEast Ladder| Baal/ChaosChannel| OP ClanKOL

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-06-03

[RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban Empty
PostSubject: [RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban   [RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:37 am

this is not mine, igot it from kuks site but hopefully it helps.
u need 2 or more cdkey sets both normal and expansion for this to work.

enjoy!

Introduction/Summary

What I'm trying to describe here is how to have two or more copies of Diablo 2 running on the same computer without the use of any third party programs. This means that this guide will not provide any information on hacked dll files, or loader programs of any sorts.

To my knowledge, the only way to accomplish this is with the Window's XP feature called "Fast User Switching". Note that as far as I know, Fast User Switching is not available on computers who are part of a network domain, so if you're playing D2 at work or something, then you won't be able to do this (besides, you should be working anyway.

We'll get into Fast User Switching soon, but first I'd also like to mention that it's important you have two sets of valid CD-Keys if you wish to do this. When you log onto battle.net, it'll authenticate both the D2 Classic CD-Key and D2 Expansion CD-Key, even if you're playing Diablo II: Lords of Destruction*. The only way to have two copies of Diablo 2 logged onto the same battle.net realm at the same time is if both copies have a unique D2 Classic CD-Key and D2 Expansion CD-Key (totaling 4 CD-Keys).

*If you do not have the Diablo 2 expansion, then battle.net will only authenticate your Diablo 2 Classic CD-Key, of course.

Fast User Switching

First, verify that you have Fast User Switching enabled on your Windows XP machine. You will need to have access to an administrators account in order to do this:

1. Click Start --> Settings --> Control Panel
2. Open "User Accounts"
3. Select "Change the way users log on or off"
4. Make sure the option "Use Fast User Switching" is ticked.

While you're there, make up a second user that will be used to run your second copy of Diablo 2.

Once this is done, you can use the Fast User Switching feature by either
- Click on "Start" --> "Log Off", and then select "Switch Users"
- Press the Windows Key + L

More information on the Fast User Switching feature of WinXP can be found at ...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...astswitch.mspx

Installation

I'm going to assume that no installation of Diablo 2 already exists. My reasoning behind this is that alot of people might not know which CD-Keys they used in their first D2 installation, and therefore might uninstall and re-install it to ensure both have seperate CD-Keys. If you already have one copy of D2 installed and you know which CD-Keys you used, then you just need to start from step 2.

1. Create as many new folders in your programs directory as you intend to run. (eg: cgames, dgames, egames, etc. etc.) These folders can be named to your liking of course.
2. Install Diablo 2 Classic and Expansion using one set of CD-Keys to a folder (eg: cgames\Diablo II). Make sure to patch the game is up to the latest version (at the time of writing this, it's patch 1.12) Patch each installation as you install it.
3. Direct the next Diablo II installation to a different folder name (eg: dgames\Diablo II) making sure you are using a diiferent cd key.

--Optional--
4. Uninstall Diablo 2 using the Add/Remove programs utility in Control Panel. It's been mentioned that you do not need to uninstall the game in order to install the second copy, but as of the time of writing this I have yet to see it confirmed.
------------

Conclusion

That's pretty much it. To run both copies, start the game on one computer and then switch to your second user to start the second copy of the game there. Make sure each user profile is using a different D2 installation folder.

Also, it is possible for you to be on the same battle.net account on both D2 copies, but not on the same character. Once a character has logged into a game, battle.net will not let that same character log into another game. Nor can you have 2 characters from the same account in channel at once.

Using this method, you can be on 4 different copies of Diablo II in channel. It was asked within this thread if you could do this. After changing a select setting (file folders) it will allow you to have all instances in channel at once.
Back to top Go down
https://clankol.darkbb.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-06-03

[RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: [RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban   [RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 am

here is another way

I have been reading up on peoples methods of running multiple instances of Diablo II and I feel my method is easier and less time consuming. So I'm going to share it with you all!

Here's an example of 2 instances of Diablo II running on my system:

You can use this method to make as many Diablo II instances as you want!!

I use a program called sandboxie. Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

What you need to do:
- Navigate to http://www.sandboxie.com/
- Click on the "Download" button located in the top navigation bar and download the sandboxie setup
- Run the setup and install Sandboxie
- Next you need to make a copy of your Diablo II directory

- Now you need to change the CD key for your primary Diablo II directory. I use Serby's CD Key changer. You can download it from here: http://newd2event.net/download_/confirm.php?get=utilities/d2ckey.zip
- Run the CD key changer and click "MODIFY ORIGINAL CDKEY".
- This will edit the CD key of the directory called "Diablo II" while your other d2 directory "Diablo II (2)" will remain with the original key. You can repeat this process as much as you want depending on how many keys you have
- Now go into each of your Diablo II directories and create a shorcut on your desktop
- Right click on your Diablo II shortcut and select "Run Sandboxed"

- That's it! Your done. Happy muling

If you want to run more than 2 copies of Diablo II then you will need to create new sandboxies. You can do this by running the Sandboxie application and creating a new sandbox.
Back to top Go down
https://clankol.darkbb.com

[RUN MULTIPLE D2] 100% Legit Way and No Ban
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kings Of Ladder :: Diablo :: bot downloads//Programs related-
Jump to: